Friday, September 19, 2008

My Fondest Memory









My Dearest Sally



Born: February 3, 1947


Died: September 19, 2008



Wonderful wife, mother, friend..



Last November, on our 42nd wedding anniversary, Sally gave me a letter she wrote to her parents in September 1966, as she was flying over the Atlantic Ocean to make her home with me in Germany. This was a big trip for their daughter who was just 19 years old, and they were quite concerned as they waved goodbye to her at JFK Airport in New York.. Her letter was very reassuring to her parents as she spoke of her new home with me.. "Don't worry Mom & Dad. I'm now where my heart has been for the past three months. With Love, Sally" As I watched Sally depart this life for her long eternal home these words seemed to be directed toward me, and were clearly in her heart again. Dick








3 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and hearts are with you Dick, and your wonderful family. Sally will always be remembered in a wonderfully fond way!!

    Leigh and Jill Purcell and kiddoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is heavy with the news of your loss. My prayers continue with you Dick and the kids and family.

    Valerie is planning on coming out for the services. She is flying out Sunday.

    Pamela, Valerie and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful memory to have of a beautiful lady. Our hearts go out to you and the kids. Memories made in life are the seeds that bloom into beautiful gardens for our family to delight in after we have passed from this life. It is truly evident that the garden of memories you, Sally and the kids planted will grace your lives with bouquets to brighted your hearts for a long time to come.
    Love in Him,
    Melissa, William, Hannah, Lydia, and Liam Johnson (Groton, CT)

    ReplyDelete